This really is every representation debate in sci-fi and fantasy ever.
"We can’t have people of color in this story - its in the middle ages."
Imagining dragons and elves and hobbits is fine, but imagining a world not inhabited entirely by white people? That would be unrealistic.
You’re not the only one who needed me I thought you understood
You were the one I needed and you left me as I always feared you would
Would I change it if I could?
It doesn’t matter how.
The petals scattered now.
Every nightmare just discloses.
It’s your blood that’s red like roses,
And no matter what I do,
Nothing ever takes the place of you
I can’t wait for the album
its sad how like 3 years ago i would i get so super jumpy excited over a new AC game and now im just
i am quoting this a thousand times today.
RIP mike brown.
so here’s why i like rwby despite it having a countless number of flaws:
- it’s made by a very small team of people
- they actually learn from their mistakes
- as a result season 2 is literally blowing season 1 out of the water in terms of improvement
- IT’S A SHOW ABOUT GIRLS
- STRONG GIRLS
- SELF-RELIANT GIRLS WHO ARE RESPECTED AND ARE SEEN AS STRONG REGARDLESS OF THEIR GENDER IDENTITY
- THAT SHIT IS IMPORTANT
- the soundtrack is really REALLY good
- also the creators are very aware of their fanbase and they are very considerate towards us
- they literally print out fanart sometimes and hang it above their desks
- the people who make it love what they do
i know rwby has a lot wrong with it, but at the rate it’s picking up and getting better i still have a lot of faith in it as a series
nora hits much harder than a paladin mech, yang’s fine